Wednesday, December 19, 2007

should i go to the concert

This blog is so distuuuuurbing.
I guess anyone's would be if they wrote in a diary style.

I was going to go to the David Copperfuck concert tonight, but for some reason I can't decide if I should... I am listening to their Live at KZSU album that I downloaded from them. Racoons has really amazing lyrics. "We like trash/cause we eat it/we like trash cause/ we're greedy..." I guess I would go because I listen to this album rather frequently, and because went through a period of believing "Lady Boner" ("this song is about a dead dog in a suitcase") was about me - because of the huge suitcase I had in the living room of Molly and Dean's house, and because of my sense of entitlement to act grumpy because of how depressed I am. However, there are a lot of lyrics that I can't even decipher, so I'd be hesitant to put forward even the slightest argument as to what this is about.

I was a pretty big fan of the Facial Expressions, the band where Andrew Leland was the frontman and shrieked lyrics about whatever was on his mind. The only lyrics I can remember are "Tisch! NYU! Tisch! NYU!" They were a hardcore band, like David Copperfuck. By "pretty big fan" I am just speaking of how much I supported them mentally. I think I smiled when they were performing.

Anyway, the members of D.C. think I am extremely weird, as a result of a number of things.

David Copperfuck sings a song, "Night Blindness", about Andrew's macular degeneration retinitis pigementosa. "I can't see you/ I can't see you/ I can't see me/ I can't see you."

They think I'm weird because I washed their floor when I stayed there. They think I'm weird because I was not as cool as them in college. They think I'm weird because I was experimenting with my personality during some portions of the time I stayed with them. I definitely felt super weird at this one bbq Dean was at when my head was shaved. Dean thinks I'm weird because I made him pay for my dinner without telling him why, but it was because I lent 20 dollars to him once in college. I guess that was immature of me.

No comments: